|Course Code||Start Date||End Date||Wks||Day||Time||Venue||Fees
|18SLDD1CL2/1||19/09/2018||12/06/2019||25||TBA||10:00 - 16:00||Macclesfield College||£365.00 Fee Code:||£365.00Fee Code:|
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties, how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported. The qualification can be used by a wide range of learners looking to improve their knowledge and awareness in this subject area.
Who is it for?
This qualification will be suitable for teaching staff, care staff or anyone looking to build their knowledge of dyslexia and other learning difficulties.
The qualification would be suitable for those working within healthcare, social care and education contexts.
On successful completion of this course you will gain an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
For this course you do not need to have achieved any formal qualifications, but you do need to already be working at Level 1 or equivalent.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?
No, this is a knowledge-only qualification.
During this course you will cover the following units:
• Understand Specific Learning Difficulties including: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) / Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Dyslexia, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Dyscalculia
• Understand the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
• Understand the diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
• Understanding supporting individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
• Understand the context of Specific Learning Difficulties
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a portfolio of evidence.
Follow up courses/Progression
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to progress to:
• Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
• Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• Level 2 and 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
• Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People’s Speech, Language and Communication
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
All of our classes provide extra support and smaller class sizes.
Course information code: HSC-08-18