|Course Code||Start Date||End Date||Wks||Day||Time||Venue||Fees
|16PSCD1009/1B||18/05/2017||18/05/2017||1||Th||13:30 - 16:30||Macclesfield College||£50.00 Fee Code: N||£50.00Fee Code: N|
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
The law requires all employed/self-employed staff to have adequate Manual Handling training. This course will cover all aspects of manual handling - any activities requiring the use of force exerted by a person to lift, lower, push, pull, carry a load.
Who is it for?
To gain an understanding of how to risk assess a manual handling task.
Refresh lifting techniques regardless of the item and location.
To understand the Health and Safety role with respect to Manual Handling legislation and how it impacts on you.
• Manual Handling risk factors and how injuries can occur
• How to carry out safe manual handling techniques
• Appropriate systems of work for the individuals task and enviroments
• Practical manual handling activitywork to allow the trainer to identify and put right incorrect technique
• Manual handling assessment and legislation
Continuous assessment throughout the course by approved Trainer/Assessor.
• Greater number of employees aware of manual handling techniques within the workplace
• Decrease the chances of back related illnesses within the workplace
• Decrease number of sick days lost to back injuries
• Decreasing the chances of employees insurance claims if all staff members are adequaltely trained.
Please note that non-attendance of this course will result in a loss of your course fee. We plan to run all courses, however the final decision to run a course depends on numbers. Please see our refund policy for more information.
Course information code: 0813