|Course Code||Start Date||End Date||Wks||Day||Time||Venue||Fees
|16HCRD1080/1||02/11/2016||-||-||W||10:00 - 16:00||Macclesfield College||£1,625.00 Fee Code: L||£3,250.00Fee Code: L|
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
This course is structured to give the individual the necessary qualification to train and develop the skills to become a competent and professional counsellor. It is also designed to develop students as independent, reflective practitioners who are able to identify ongoing personal and professional development needs.
Who is it for?
The Course is aimed at those who wish to train to become qualified counsellors.
To gain an in depth understanding of the counselling process and Integrative Counselling developed by Gerard Egan.
• Level 3 counselling skills qualification or equivalent
• All students need to be at least 21 years of age or above
• All students need to undergo an interview process to satisfy the tutors of their commitment to and suitability to the course.
The Course focuses on 7 areas:
• Professional and organisational issues in counselling
• Counselling in a Diverse Society
• Counselling Theory
• Advanced Counselling Skills
• Self Awareness for Counsellors
• Research methodologies in counselling
• Counselling Placement
Assessment is internal and external and evidenced by detailed portfolio work.
Minimum 80% attendance is required.
ABC Awards Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4
Level 4 Diploma in Counselling is a professional qualification which may open the door for work opportunities in the helping professions and private practice.
The Diploma is evidence of personal and professional learning and a qualification which students have found not only to be helpful in enhancing job prospects, but also to be well regarded by prospective employers.
Course information code: 0695