Equality & Diversity in Action
Positive about Disabled People
Macclesfield College has been awarded by Jobcentre Plus with the ‘Positive About Disabled People’ symbol.
This has been granted in recognition of how the College complies with the symbols five commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
In summary this means we:
- Interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities
- Ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- To annually review the five commitments and what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans
For more information see our College Awards section